10th Summer Brass Academy Kalisz 2019
- The organizer of the 10th Summer Brass Academy is the State Music School of the 1st and 2nd level named after Henryk Melcer in Kalisz (Państwowa Szkoła Muzyczna I i II st. im. Henryka Melcera w Kaliszu).
- The art director of the 10th Summer Brass Academy is professor Roman Gryń.
- The 10th Summer Brass Academy is a 1-week cycle of workshop classes for all the brass grades (trumpet, French horn, trombone, euphonium, tube). Each day of the course outstanding Polish and foreign teachers will conduct individual classes with active participants. Besides the individual classes there are conducted also classes of team play.
- The purpose of organization of the 10th Summer Brass Academy is:
- to enhance the level of brass play of the youth from all over Poland through contact with a broad spectrum of outstanding soloists and teachers from Poland and from abroad,
- to increase and develop practical skills of the school and academic youth within the individual and team play,
- to enable to present the skills by the talented youth to the broad publicity during concerts organized in the area of the City of Kalisz.
- The workshops will be held from 20 to 24 August 2018 in the State Music School of the 1st and 2nd level named after Henryk Melcer Pl. Jana Pawła II 9 in Kalisz.
- The program of the workshops, besides the individual classes, contains also classes in groups and in consorts.
- There are provided concerts of soloists and groups.
- The participants in the category ‘classical trumpet’ are guaranteed by the organizers to be offered one teaching hour with professors from colleges or foreign orchestras.
- The participants of the workshops may be students of the music schools and students of the music academies.
- The minors are required to provide a written consent of the parent/legal guardian confirming that the child is allowed to travel to Kalisz and return independently and to participate in the workshops.
It is required that the filled in form of the consent of the parent/guardian shall be provided by the participant to the Organizer before the commencement of the workshops of the 10th Summer Brass Academy.
The form may be downloaded from the website brassacademy.eu during the procedure of registration.
- The deadline for filing the applications is 30 June 2018.
- The applications may be done only electronically via the application form placed on the website brassacademy.eu The applications sent by post in the paper form will not be accepted.
Limited places available – any information may be followed on the website of the 10th Summer Brass Academy.
- Cost of participation in the workshops is PLN 370 (until 18.05.2018 – THE DATE OF TRANSFER), thereafter the cost of participation is PLN 430. Each participant within the scope of the payment for participation in the workshops will receive a T-shirt of the size given during the registration. Cost of participation in the workshops with meals and accommodation from 20 to 24 August 2018 is PLN 720 (until 18.05.2018 – THE DATE OF TRANSFER), thereafter it is PLN 780
- accommodation from Monday 20.08 to Friday 24.08 (four nights),
- full board (three meals/day) from Monday 20.08. to Friday 24.08.
Cost of additional accommodation on Sunday/Monday 19-20.08.2018 and 24-25.08.2018 is PLN 40 per each night.
- Prepayment in the amount of PLN 400 is to be paid in within 7 days from the application date to the bank account of the Association for the State Music School of the 1st and 2nd level in Kalisz ‘TRYTON’ – Stowarzyszenie na rzecz Państwowej Szkoły Muzycznej I i II stopnia w Kaliszu „TRYTON” number of the account 81 2490 0005 0000 4600 2091 4399.
In the title of the transfer please write: Warsztaty X LAIDB 2018 – FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME of the participant.
The prepayment is non-refundable.
- The remaining amount due should be paid into the above mentioned account within the date enabling to receive it before 01.08.2018.
- It is required to take the proof of payment with you (both prepayment and the remaining amount or to send the scans thereof). The persons who will not present the proof of payment before commencement of the workshops will not be admitted to participate therein.
- The participants of the Academy should be covered by the medical expenses and personal accident insurance on their own.
- The participants whose behavior in the housing area will be inconsistent with the rules of the dormitory will be deprived of the right to further participation in the Workshops.